If your business website doesn’t convert visitors to sales, it doesn’t work. To make an online business profitable, owners should be concerned about visitors taking actions like purchasing, subscribing, or filling out a form. This article shows seven actions that can lead to a conversion rate increase.
What Is the Conversion Rate?
In online marketing, the conversion rate is the ratio of total visitors to visitors who take desired actions. For example, if your landing page receives 150 visitors per month and 15 of them complete the desired task, the conversion rate would be 15 divided by 150, or 10 percent.
Use conversion tracking in your account to measure your conversion rates. This will help guide you in your marketing and advertising strategies.
Let’s look at 7 ways to get visitors to buyers/subscribers:
CTA – Call To Action
- Put your CTA in a container. It is 1 of the MOST important elements for conversion. Let your visitors clearly see what action is expected from them on your webpage.
- Make sure your visitors’ clearly can identify in a matter of seconds what action is expected of them.
- Make your value clear. MailChimp is a great example.
- Concisely list the benefits you customer gets from your product or service
- Define advantages that distinguish you from competitors
- Offers can be free sign up, free resource, discount, free trial…
- Check the quality of your traffic. Do you have a good conversion rate.
- Don’t waste your time and budget on fake or irrelevant traffic.
- Design with the business goals in mind.
- Develop a responsive website that will respond well from mobile to laptop device. (Google search engines like responsive websites.)
- Balancing business and user goals. For example, if you visitor is looking at something particular on the site and pop-ups keep popping up the user will get frustrated and leave.
- Keeping the site features somewhat familiar like others. For example having certain navigation elements that your visitors are familiar with.
- Test, track through matrix and revise.
- Identify your target audience
- What problem can you solve? Determine sale stages your buyers go through and pick topic that would interest them. For example, if you are a health coach, tell stories about successful client coaching, their problem and how you helped them achieve success.
- Create authoritative and compelling pieces of content for your website, blog, and social media assets that are designed specifically for your audience.
- Learn more – “5 QUESTIONS TO ASK WHEN CONTENT WRITING”
- Building trust takes time and consistency
- Being honest and dependable builds loyalty. Don’t make great promises that you can’t keep.
- Being available by contact information, social media, easy to find chats
- Reviews- People really rely on reviews. Devote the time to get client feedback and testimonials to strengthen your business reputation.
- Test out before and after making any change to analyze how effective each change is for converting visitors to take specific action.
- Google Analytics is the most common tool providing measurable data to calculate the conversion rate.
- Gather data from customer surveys, interviews, user testing… ` `
Pick one or several of these strategies to promote your website and make it profitable. Turn visitors into purchasing clients.
Still need help?
Soar Web Media is a marketing and web design studio. We work with clients to find out their goals and what makes them unique. From there we employ different marketing strategies, test and analyses.
Have any suggestions on increasing conversion? We love to hear from you in the comments.