I am astounded with the number of coaches, entrepreneurs and business that have none or very few testimonials/reviews.
Many American consumers don’t wish to waste their money on something that doesn’t live up to the hype. So, what do they do? They ask around people they know or look up reviews.
A customer’s testimonial is one of the top ways to market/promote your business.
Here are some Testimonial Statistics You Should Know
- 92% of customers read online reviews before buying (Big Commerce)
- 72% of consumers say positive testimonials and reviews increase their trust in a business (Big Commerce)
- 70% of people trust reviews and recommendations from strangers (Nielsen)
- 88% of consumers say reviews influence their online purchasing decisions. (Vendasta)
- 88% of consumers trust online testimonials and reviews as much as recommendations from friends or family (Big Commerce)
- 97% of B2B customers cited testimonials and peer recommendations as the most reliable type of content. (Demand Gen Report)
- 86% of customers said online reviews were at least “moderately important” when they were shopping for a new product. (Statista)
- 72% of consumers will take action only after reading a positive review. (Search Engine Watch)
By soliciting customer/client testimonials, you are giving an opportunity to have them become your brand promoter. Their testimonials help build trust and credibility.