Social media for businesses & entrepreneurs is one of the most challenging channels to master, but can pay off big time in the long run.
Make sure you have a social media presence to connect with customers and build your brand. Check out these tips that your business NEEDS in order to compete.
Step 1: Define your Social Media Goal(s):
What goals are you looking to achieve?
- Quality and/or increased lead generation
- Building relationships and community
- Brand awareness- See “6 Step Guide on Branding Design”
- Better understand your audience
- Increased website traffic
- Customer service
How will you measure your social media success? Narrowing your priorities to one to two goals will also help you save time and be more successful.
Step 2: Choose the right Social Media Platform for your Business
Step 3: Increase effectiveness and save time:
How? More than 40% businesses use social media management software to schedule posts ahead of time.
Another 28% of companies hire a social media agency to do the work for them.
Step 4: Integrate Social Media and SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Social Media and content marketing are essential part of your SEO strategy for your Search Engine ranking. See “6 Ways to Integrate Your Social Media and SEO” to learn how.
Step 5: Analytics
Study the analytics of the network(s) you’re active on. Examine the insights and be sure to track and measure results of the different types of posts and content you share.
Tracking the results of your social media activity is key to determining the best times to post content.
Step 6: Be steady and reliable.
Dependability is important to building a community, so post regularly and respond quickly to customer comments.
To Sum it all up:
By now, you hopefully have a good idea of what social media channels will work best for your company. Let’s recap:
- Define the main purpose, your main goal, for posting on Social Media.
- Select the most popular social channels for your type of business
- Utilize tools to post effectively and save time
- Integrate SEO and your Social Media
- Measure your results and how they line up with your goals
- Be consistent in your post and responsive to your community
Narrowing your social media focus to one channel and one goal gives you the chance to become a smashing success.
Don’t have time to post on Social Media? Let Soar Web Media help! We help business by doing the social media engagements for you.