Our Verdict: Outstanding Choice Overall Host for customer service, speed and dependable servers.
SiteGround is best known for their outstanding customer support. In addition, they have fast, dependable servers and affordable plans with features like free SSL/HTTPS.
- Official WordPress-recommended host
- Award-winning 24/7 support
- Extremely fast, dependable servers
- Setting up backups can be complicated
- No free domain name
- Little more pricier
SiteGround scores 4.8 out of 5 stars in customer reviews.
Is SiteGround the Perfect Host for Your Site?
SiteGround is known for their WordPress expertise and quick, friendly tech support.
So: is SiteGround right for you? Read on to find out…
- SiteGround’s website promotes different types of hosting; they offer shared, WordPress, cloud, and dedicated plans.
- Customers benefit from free Cloudflare CDNs and SSL certificates.
- Impressive SiteGround’s servers
- Exceptional Customer Support- Ask any customer, and Siteground’s outstanding support will be at the top of their list.
SiteGround Hosting Plans
SiteGround offers a full range of hosting types from shared to cloud, reseller, and dedicated.
Shared hosting is the kind of hosting most people need; only large or demanding sites need cloud/VPS or dedicated hosting. SiteGround has done exceptionally well in the shared hosting market, distinguishing themselves from their competitors.
Shared Hosting Plans
SiteGround offers three different plans : StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek.
SiteGround incorporates CPanel control panel into shared hosting plans. There are a couple of benefits to thisShared Hosting Features
- CPanel is popular, user friendly panel interface use by most website owners.
- Using cPanel makes moving to and from SiteGround easier.
- Super user-friendly dashboard.
Shared Feature: Free CDN
A Content Delivery Network (CDN) stores copies of your website all over the world. This speeds up page delivery to people located far from your base web server.
SiteGround offers the Cloudflare CDN for all shared hosting plans . If you are hosting more than one website, you can use this for all of them.
Shared Feature: SSL Certificates
Free Let’s Encrypt Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificates come with all shared hosting plans. SSL certificates are essential if you are going to run an e-commerce site.
Even if you don’t have an online store, SSL certificates (HTTPS) are a sign of trust to users. Google also gives SSL sites a minor ranking boost.
Shared Feature: Website Builder
For those who aren’t technically inclined but still want a great website, SiteGround offers a website builder . Weebly provides it. You just drag-and-drop elements to create pages. It even has e-commerce features.
Warning: if you select the Site Builder for your account, any content you’ve created outside of the site builder will be deleted. So be sure to only activate the site builder on a completely clean account, or if you’re happy to lose the data that’s already there.
Other Shared Hosting Features
You get unlimited email addresses and databases. Unlimited email is good if you want different emails for your blog, for sales questions, for a newsletter, and on and on.
There are many other features you shouldn’t forget. SiteGround offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and exceptional technical support.
GrowBig Shared Features
If you’re going to use a major CMS like WordPress or Joomla, it is probably worthwhile to step up to the GrowBig plan . It includes everything in the StartUp plan and then some like the following:
- Supercacher – SiteGround’s own caching system. It allows static and dynamic web pages (as well as database queries) to be cached for quick delivery to users. Users rave about the speed compared to other hosting sites.
- Unlimited Websites – including free site migration. (some web hosting plans don’t offer free site migration, they charge a fee.)
- Backups – Allows on demand backups
GoGeek Shared Features
The biggest reason to choose GoGeek is that it is PCI compliant — essential if you are running an online store.
If you are running an e-commerce site (or otherwise have a demanding site), GoGeek is the best choice . It includes all the features of GrowBig and more.
- PCI compliant — essential if you are running an online store.
- Fantastic Support – GoGeek users get priority support where their requests are sent to SiteGround’s most experienced tech support staff.
- Speed – Greater speed by having fewer websites hosted on your server.
SiteGround offers a special form of shared hosting for WordPress users. It is mostly the same: visits, disk space, features. Its most obvious difference is that WordPress is installed for free. But there is more under the hood.
Choose from 3 WordPress plans starting at $6.99/month.
Bot Protection for WordPress
Bot protection system, powered by their own artificial intelligence algorithm allowing significant reduction in the number of alerts from WordPress security plugins. As well as detecting and preventing the majority of malicious login attempts and cyber attacks on WordPress.
If you are planning to start a WooCommerce site (built on WordPress), you will want to use the GoGeek plan as it is the only one that is PCI compliant.
For high-demand websites, SiteGround offers 4 cloud hosting plans : Entry, Business, Business Plus, and Super Power.
All of them provide 5 TB of monthly data transfer. Even the Entry plan is extremely powerful as you can see in the following table.
If you are looking for fantastic customer support, site speed on a dependable, smooth running host, Siteground delivers.
Save big on this highly rated host
Use this exclusive discount link to get the best deal available.